What is a LIM?
A LIM (Land Information Memorandum) is a report written by Auckland Council that includes a detailed history of a property’s land and its buildings. It helps buyers identify potential issues on the site as well as any future development restrictions before they finalise their purchase.
Specifically, a LIM includes:
- Special features or characteristics of the land like erosion or subsidence or the presence of hazardous contaminants
- Details of the stormwater and sewerage drains
- Where there are any rates owing on the land
- Details of approved or pending permits and consents
- Details of current and proposed zoning
- Historic Places
- Trust listings
- $355 inc. GST (courier charges may apply)
- Delivered within 3 working days from receipt of payment
- $255 inc. GST (courier charges may apply)
- Delivered within 10 working days
LIMs can be ordered online
or in person from Auckland Council
How much will my Council rates be?
Dial up the Council website
and go to the section entitled Rates, building and property
. Here you'll find the Rates and valuations
section which will give you the current rates and CV for any Auckland property and under Property information
, you'll be able to order the LIM for any Auckland property.
What is a Body Corporate?
If a property is on a Unit Title, it’s likely to have a Body Corporate. This most commonly applies to apartments and its intent is to group together all the owners as a single entity. The Body Corporate is generally administered by a Body Corporate Manager who is responsible for running and maintaining the building. To do this they collect an annual fee (a levy) from each of the owners and put it into a sinking fund which is used for general maintenance like painting and gardening as well as major repairs like a new roof. As well as arranging and staying on top of the repairs, the Body Corporate Manager is responsible for negotiating building insurance and preparing the annual statement of accounts.